Dentures are dental devices intended to replace one or more damaged or missing teeth. It is important to have these teeth repaired, not only for aesthetic purposes, but also to ensure good chewing and good oral health. The materials of prostheses have evolved a lot in recent years. While they have long been made of metal, ceramics and resins provide a more aesthetic result.
On the basis of a preliminary assessment, our dental surgeons will advise you on the best solution according to your needs and the examination of your teeth. Do not hesitate to make an appointment at our clinic located south of Brussels, in Uccle.
● Veneer: a very thin coating that is bonded to a tooth to improve aesthetics and hide defects.
● Crown: seals and protects a damaged tooth. It sits directly on it.
● Bridge: Replaces one or more teeth, but is attached to adjacent teeth. It is used to fill the space between two teeth.
● Inlay/onlay: an alternative solution to large fillings and bridges. An inlay replaces an internal part of the tooth (e.g. devitalized), while an onlay is a partial dental crown that covers the tooth.
● Implant: device screwed into the jaw to replace a root for greater stability and durability. A crown or bridge is then placed on the implant
Depending on the number of teeth involved and the type of prosthesis chosen, the procedure is a little different. A preliminary consultation allows us to carry out an oral check-up and define your needs. First, dental impressions will be made using 3D digital modeling to precisely define the position of the teeth, gums and lips. Prosthetists then create the necessary custom-made prosthesis. The veneers are easier to apply, since they are simply glued. Crowns and inlays/onlays require tooth preparation. In the case of bridges, the adjacent teeth usually need to be trimmed to better accommodate the prosthesis. Our dental surgeons then carry out the installation and advise you on the hygiene to adopt. The more invasive and very technical implants are placed in several stages. Several appointments are generally necessary to ensure a good adaptation and a stable and natural result. Regular check-ups with our dental surgeons are of course essential.